Friday

afternoon naps



Sundays have been my favorite day of the week. It's been the most peaceful and relaxing day for me because both sofia and her dad take their afternoon naps and I steal away to do my own thing. Sometimes I go shopping or run some errands. Last Sunday I set out to get a manicure and pedicure. On my way to the nail salon, I passed by a Chinese massage parlor which looked a bit shady from the outside, but I figured I should scope it out anyway. It turned out to be the best thing I've ever done for myself, better than a manicure or a pedicure. It was like a vacation and I only had my legs massaged. This was no ordinary massage, it's Chinese acupressure, which has a lot to do with unclogging trapped energy (chi). It goes hand in hand with qi gong and tai chi which I used to do, and should start doing again. Basically I sprained my ankle a few years ago and it has not been better since. I even got physical therapy for it, which unfortunately was a complete waste of my time and money. However, the magic this man performed my legs and ankle is truly remarkable. I am in awe that my legs feels this good at the end of the day, when usually after so much walking in the city I am miserable and want to chop my legs off. I am already thinking of other persistent aches that bother me so I can go back. Also the lovely thing about this place is that it's not trying to be "fancy". It's just is, massage tables next to each other with curtains separating them. The lights were off, but there was ample daylight coming in. It's very quiet and all you can hear is water falling. You close your eyes and just let him do his thing on whatever pains you and it's instant serenity.

No comments:

Post a Comment